Military experts work day and night to keep our armed forces at a high state of readiness. How about you? Are you living in the state of readiness? Sixteen times in the Bible we find the phrase “Be Ready” so we know it’s important to God that we, as Christians, be ready. Ready for what? Just to name a few:
1. We should be ready to give an answer to those asking about our hope (1 Peter 3:15).
2. We should be ready for every good work (Titus 3:1).
3. We should be ready to give generously (1 Corinthians 9:3,5).
4. We should be ready to preach (share) the word in and out of season (2 Timothy 4:2).
5. We should be ready for Christ to come again (Matthew 24:44).
We can and should never take a break from our Christianity nor relax our spiritual vigilance. TODAY MIGHT BE THE DAY!!!
Ready to go, ready to stay, ready my place to fill, ready for service, lowly or great, ready to do His will…..—Charles D. Tillman (1903)